The Best Ways To Transfer Contacts To A New iPhone or Android Phone
If you are getting a new phone, then it is important for you to make sure that all of your important data from your old phone ends up on your new phone. One of the most important pieces of data to transfer is all of your contacts. This article will teach you how to transfer contacts from phone to phone, transferring contacts from Android to iPhone and how to back up the contacts on your Android devices to your Google or iCloud account, and finally how to download them from your iCloud account to your new iPhone.
Transferring Contacts from Android to iPhone
If you currently have an Android smartphone and need to transfer your contacts to a new iPhone, there are two prerequisites that you must meet so that this method will work.
First, your contacts must be stored in your Google account.
Second, you must have access to a desktop computer that is connected to the internet. Essentially, we will transfer the contacts stored in your Google account to the iCloud account you have linked to your iPhone.
- To get started, first make sure on your Android device that you are syncing your contacts to your Google account. To do this, go to your device’s settings, then tap on Accounts, then tap on your Google account. Tap on the Sync Account button and make sure that the toggle switch next to Contacts is turned on.
- Next, move over to your desktop, launch your browser and go to contacts.google.com.
Export Your Google Account Contacts
- Once you log into your Google account, select all of the contacts that you want to transfer to your iCloud account. If you want to select all of them, click on the checkbox above your entire contact list and select All. After that, click on the hamburger button above your contact list and select Export Contacts.
- In this menu, make sure to select vCard for the Export As option. After you click Export, a file will save to your computer with all of your selected contacts.
- Now to import them into iCloud. First, go to icloud.com. Log in and select the Contacts button on the website.
- To import your contacts, click on the gear button on the bottom left of your screen and click Import vCard.
- Select the file you just downloaded and import the file—all of your contacts should appear in iCloud. The final step is to take your iPhone, go to Settings, select Passwords & Accounts, tap on your iCloud account, and make sure that your Contacts toggle is enabled.
- After this, all of the contacts you just imported from your Google account should be visible on your iPhone.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android?
The easiest way for you to transfer contacts from an old android to a new Android phone involves using your Google account to sync your contacts. we are assuming that your old Android phone did not sync your contacts with your Google account. If this is the case for you, you can simply make sure that you are using the same Google account on your new phone, and your contacts should sync automatically.
- If you did not sync your old contacts, start by going to the Contacts app in your old Android phone. Tap the More icon in the top right of your screen and select Settings.
- Then tap Contacts. Next, tap Import/Export Contacts and tap Export Contacts to Device Storage. This will save all of your contacts as a VCF file on your phone.
- Next, you need to transfer this recently saved file to your computer. The easiest way for you to do this is by emailing the file to yourself. Open your Gmail app, compose a new email, and enter your own email as the recipient. Attach the VCF file with your contacts to the email and tap the paper airplane icon to send it.
- On your desktop computer, open your Gmail account and open the email you just sent. Download the attachment to save the VCF file containing your contacts to your computer. Next, go to contacts.google.com. Select Import Contacts from the left-side menu and select Choose File.
- Locate the VCF file you just downloaded, select it, and click Open. Then click Import to add all of the contacts to your Google account.
When setting up your new Android device, make sure to use the Google account you have added the contacts to. They should automatically sync with your new phone.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android?
If you currently have an iPhone and need to transfer your contacts to a new Android smartphone, this article will show you how. In order to transfer using this method, there are two prerequisites that you must meet so that this method will work.
First, your contacts must be stored in your iCloud account. Second, you must have access to a desktop computer that is connected to the internet. Essentially, we will transfer the contacts stored in your iCloud account to the Google account you have linked to your new Android phone.
- To get started, first make sure on your iPhone that you are syncing your contacts to your iCloud account. To do this, go to Settings.
- Select Passwords & Accounts, tap on your iCloud account and make sure that your Contacts toggle is enabled. If it is not enabled, tap on that toggle button to make sure that your contacts sync with your iCloud account
Export iCloud contacts
- Next, move to your desktop and go to icloud.com.
- Log in and select the Contacts button on the website. To export your contacts, first select all of the contacts you want to export. To select all of them, press Ctrl+A, or Cmd+A on Mac. If you only want to select a few, holding down Ctrl or Cmd while you click will select only those you want to export.
- Next, click on the gear button on the bottom left of your screen and select Export vCard. A file containing all of your selected contacts will download
- Next, move over to your desktop, launch your browser and go to contacts.google.com. Log in using the account you are using for your new phone. Click on Import Contacts and then select the Select File button.
- Locate the file that just downloaded and click Open. All of the contacts that were in your iCloud account should appear in your Google account.
- The final step is to take your new Android phone and go to your device’s settings.
- Then tap on Accounts, then tap on your Google account. Tap on the Sync Account button and make sure that the toggle switch next to Contacts is turned on.
- Once that toggle is on, the contacts you just imported into your Google account should automatically start downloading.
Leave a comment